I've enabled a number of extensions for syntax highlighting, source formatting, etc. but here are a few of the important ones:
- GitHub Pull Requests and Issues allows me to stay in the editor while I review PR's, manage issues, and deploy my work.
- Markdown Preview Github Styling gives me an accurate representation of markdown files when viewed on GitHub.
- REST Client allows me to debug API endpoints quickly and easily while maintaing a "scratchpad" in the process.
- AMD Ryzen 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
- be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
- Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
- Asus TUF-RX6800XT-O16G-GAMING Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card
- Fractal Design Torrent Nano RGB Mini ITX Tower Case
I also use an iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 7, and an iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd Generation). I honestly wish I could ditch the iPhone and just wear an Apple Watch and use a mirrorless camera for photos and videos. I also prefer the iPad over an under-powered processor inside laptop, especially since I can just run Visual Studio Code remotely and in the browser to take advantage of a desktop or server processor.
For my day job I use a MacBook Pro 16-inch (2021) with the Apple M1 Pro and 32GB of memory.